With the BasicOps for Webex integration, you can add the BasicOps Bot to your Webex spaces, enabling you to directly add tasks to your BasicOps workspace and connect your BasicOps projects to your Webex spaces. In addition, the BasicOps Bot notifies you of all updates on your project in your Space.
This article includes:
- Adding the BasicOps Bot in your Webex space
- Removing the BasicOps Bot
- The BasicOps Bot Commands
- How BasicOps notifies you in Webex Spaces
Adding The BasicOps Bot to Your Webex Space:
- Please navigate to the People tab in Webex, which you can locate adjacent to the Messages tab for your convenience.
- Upon selecting the People tab, you will be presented with the corresponding interface. Proceed by clicking on the Add People button that appears on this page.
- A dialog box will appear upon clicking the Add People button. This enables you to add users as well as the BasicOps Bot. Enter email@example.com into the provided field, then confirm by selecting the Add button situated below.
You are ready to start using the BasicOps Bot in Webex Spaces.
Removing the BasicOps Bot:
- Open the Webex app on your desktop or mobile device.
- Navigate to the People section.
- Check if the BasicOps Bot is listed among your contacts.
- If you find the BasicOps Bot, right-click on it.
- From the dropdown menu, select Remove from Space.
- Confirm the removal by clicking OK.
The BasicOps Bot Commands:
BasicOps Bot command - Help:
- Please input @basicops into the message bar. When the system prompts you, select the BasicOps Bot from the displayed list.
- Upon selecting the BasicOps Bot, please enter the command help. Doing so will generate a list detailing all the commands available for your use.
BasicOps Bot command - Add Task:
- Once successfully adding the BasicOps Bot, you should be able to observe a series of corresponding messages in the Messages tab.
- There are three distinct buttons, each offering unique functionalities. We'll begin with the Add Task button. Upon selection, it will prompt a message wherein you are invited to input the desired task details. After entering all the necessary information, please confirm by clicking the Add Task button.
- The following message will be displayed after pressing Add Task
- Please proceed by clicking on the hyperlink embedded within the Bot's response. This action will direct you to your task in BasicOps.
BasicOps Bot command - Link Project:
- Select Link Project from the following BasicOps Bot message or type @basicops link project
- Next you will be asked to link a project to your space. Select the project you want attached. This can be repeated multiple times with different projects.
- After selecting a project to be linked to the Webex Space the following message should be displayed.
- Any member of your project group that makes any comments/replies in the linked project will be displayed in the Webex space message tab!
BasicOps Bot command - Status:
- Entering the command @basicops status in the messages bar will generate a particular message if your Bot is not currently connected to your Space.
- Once you've successfully signed into your account, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that you are now connected to the workspace.
How the BasicOps Bot Notifies you in Webex
Whenever there is an update to your tasks or project the BasicOps Bot will send a message in your Webex Space notifying you and your team of those updates. Here are some examples.
Adding Tasks to your Project
Adding User to your Project
Changing the Status of your Tasks