As a BasicOps admin, you can import data from other third-party applications, making it easier for your users to begin using BasicOps and saving them the time, hassle, and potential errors of re-entering existing project and task data.
What is imported?
Importing data brings in the following data from another application:
- Projects, tasks, and users
- Associated files, assignees/owners, and comments.
The data is imported into the respective areas in BasicOps. You can identify imported data in the History log in the Project view or Task view. It shows that the data was imported, and not entered directly into BasicOps
Tip: We recommend that data be imported once to avoid duplicating information and data.
Importing the data
Only a BasicOps administrator can perform an import. Here’s how:
- In the Admin list, click Import.
- Click the Import button for the data you want to import.
- When prompted, authorize BasicOps to access the data in the other application. (If you haven’t signed in to the application before starting the import, you may have to sign in first.)
Depending on the amount of data being imported, the process can take just a few minutes or much longer. We’ll email you when the import starts and when it’s completed. In the meantime, you can continue using BasicOps or close your browser window because the import process is happening in the background.
If there’s a problem, we’ll email you about that, too, so that you can start the process again. In the unlikely event that the problem persists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help.