You can chat with any BasicOps user in a one-to-one or group conversation. When you start a chat, we’ll send an email notification to the person or persons you’re chatting with, if they’ve enabled email notifications.
Chat messages can’t be edited or deleted. When you close the chat window and open it up again later, you’ll see all the messages you exchanged so you can continue with the conversation right where you left off.
- To notify a user that they’re mentioned in a chat, precede their name with @.
- To include a link to a project, project section, or a task in chat, precede the name with #. Or, start the chat from the project or task.
Starting a chat
You can start a chat from the right sidebar, a project, or a task.
- Hover or click on a profile photo in the right sidebar
- Click the Chat button.
Tip: If your list of users is long, you can quickly find someone by typing their name in the search area below your name. We’ll display names matching what you type.
Adding others to a chat
- At the top of the chat window, click the user icon next to x button.
- Begin typing a name and select the name when it’s displayed.
- Click Invite.
Attaching a file to a chat
During a chat, you can attach a file. The file can be uploaded from your computer, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive.
- At the bottom of the chat window, click the paperclip icon and select the source of the file.
See Adding a file/attachment for details.