Integrating GitHub with BasicOps connects projects and tasks with GitHub repositories. GitHub users can then create and view pull requests and commits for their tasks without leaving BasicOps.
To integrate BasicOps and GitHub:
- In the Admin list, click Integrations.
- In the GitHub area, click Add.
To connect a GitHub repository to BasicOps, first you’ll connect BasicOps to your GitHub account (you only need to do this once) and then select the repository to connect to a project.
To add a GitHub repository to BasicOps:
- In the project view, click the action icon and select Integrations. (image 1)
- Select GitHub and click Connect your GitHub account. (You’ll do this just once.) (image 2)
- Log in to your Github account.
- On the GitHub form, click Authorize BasicOps. (image 3)
- Select a GitHub repository and click SAVE CHANGES. (image 4)
Adding a commit or pull request to a task
If you have a GitHub commit or pull request that is related to a BasicOps task, you can add it to BasicOps. You can even create a commit or pull request within BasicOps. Commits and pull requests are listed under Integrations in the task detail view.
To add or create a GitHub commit or pull request for a BasicOps task:
- In the task detail view, click the action icon and select GitHub.
- Select a GitHub commit or pull request and click Add.
To view GitHub issues:
- In the task detail view, click Integrations. If both JIRA and GitHub integrations are enabled, click GitHub.