When you add the Okta integration all users will use Okta authentication to access their BasicOps accounts. Okta users who do not have a BasicOps account will automatically have a BasicOps account created if they click the BasicOps icon in Okta.
How to add the Okta integration:
- Log in to BasicOps as an Administrator
- Navigate to Settings, then the Integrations tab
- Find the Okta card and click the Add button
- Copy the string in the Subdomain field
- Log in to Okta
- Go to the Admin section, navigate to Applications
- Click the Add Application button
- Search for the BasicOps application and click the Add button
- Paste the Subdomain string copied from step 4 into the Subdomain field and click the Done button
- Click the Sign On tab
- Click the link ‘Identity Provider metadata’, this opens a new browser window containing XML code
- Right-click in the browser and select 'View Page Source' or 'Show Page Source' to see the raw XML, select all the XML and copy
- In BasicOps paste the XML into the IdP Metadata XML field (see the dialogue in step 4) and click the Submit button
This completes the integration process, you can now open the BasicOps application by clicking the BasicOps icon in Okta. If you choose instead to navigate directly to your BasicOps instance using the URL https://app.basicops.com/<subdomain> (where <subdomain> is the subdomain copied in step 4) you will be redirected to Okta whenever you need to authenticate.
If my integration doesn’t work
If for some reason your Okta integration doesn’t work and you’re not able to log in to your BasicOps instance, use this URL to log in using your BasicOps credentials:
You can now find the Okta card on the Integrations page and click Configure to update the configuration or Remove to remove the Okta integration.
If you have problems with your integration please contact email@example.com.